Monday, September 17, 2012

The Best Birthday Ever!

I can't believe I have a five year old! Time flies when you have kids. Since Iosua has gotten a lot of attention these past couple months we wanted to make sure Ezias had a special bday party this year. I let Ezias play a big part in planning his party. It was fun hearing his ideas and such for the party. He asked me if we could surprise him for his party. I told him that wouldn't work because he already knows about it. He replied I really want everyone to yell surprise for my birthday...so I told him we'll plan that for next year. His actual birthday landed on a Sunday so we had his party a day before on Saturday so it was a fun-filled weekend for him. He took a few friends to Jungle Jim's Playland. The party started at 6pm and of course we were there until they closed at 10pm. Ezias got some great presents at his party and couldn't wait to open them. I told him he would have to wait until Sunday to get them out and play with them. On the drive home from his party he kept saying he had so much fun. He was running around like a wild child the whole day and just soaked in all of the attention. Sunday morning he wakes up and asks me "Mom, are you sure I'm 5"? I tell him yes and then he says, "but I still look 4"! He's such a funny kid. I guess he thought when he turned 5 his body would transform into the big kid version. I assured him that he's 5 and told him he just grows a little everyday. He had one last present to open that morning from his parents and he was so excited. He kept saying this is the best birthday ever and kept thanking me for his birthday. He took his extra bday cake to church so he could share with his class and was beaming while the primary sang the birthday song to him....twice...per his request. It was nice to see him so excited and really appreciate everything. After opening most of his new toys and putting everything together it looked like christmas morning around the house. It was a fun weekend and one to remember. This time next year Ezias will be going to school. I love my son. He brings so much joy, laughter and non-stop chatter to our lives. I'm excited to see what his future holds.








No comments:

Post a Comment