Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pioneer Day

I love that Pioneer Day is a state holiday in the state of Utah. I also love that I work for the State of Utah and I get another paid day off in July.Some say that Pioneer Day is a bigger celebration then the 4th of July festivities around Utah. The only downside for me was that it fell on a Wednesday so I had to be at work bright and early the next morning....so no late firework show this year. But we kept busy most of the day celebrating our Pioneer Heritage during the day and Polynesian Heritage that evening.



That morning we went to the Pioneer Day Parade downtown. If felt good outdside since the sun was hiding behind clouds most of the time. Iosua was pretty excited at first and cheered along with the crowd.


Ezias enjoying his breakfast sandwich from McD's while watching the parade.


This is President Uchtdorf and his wife. I was so busy waving to him I almost forgot to take a picture. So here is his backside. If you squint and zoom in a few times you can totally tell it's him.


This is the PCC float. They were in Utah promoting their 50th year anniversary. In my opinion they had the best float and were the most entertaining. The float sprayed water from the whale's spout and their music was blasting as they had dancers on the float and on the street. Sigh....I would love to check them out in Hawaii.


Iosua got a little wrestless during the parade but he found yelling into the McD's cup very entertaining. He actually did this for a while too. Gotta love him!


Later that evening we went to the Polynesian Cultural Celebration. A few of my friends came so that made it even more fun. The evening was full of dances from the islands, music, laughter, and good island food. The kids might not look happy in the above photos....but they had fun!


Amanda and Iosua! I love how much my friends love my kids. Unfortunately I didn't get pics of Ashlee and Andrea who were also with us.


And this was just a random picture of Iosua that I thought deserved to make the blog. Pioneer Day was good to us this year. It was a fun-filled day for the Poli family.

No comments:

Post a Comment