Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fulfilling my Auntie duties....

I really enjoyed having Annie and Lance here to visit. My sister is raising some well-mannered kids. I hope Ezias picked up on some of their good habits. They were so polite. Anytime I would do something for them or take them somewhere they would thank me....numerous times. I really appreciated how thankful they were. Josh and I have busy schedules so I felt bad for them being stuck in our little apartment all day. So when I would get home from work I would find the energy to take them out. Even if it was only to the library or grocery store. Their last day here I came home from work and Lance had cleaned my room! Ezias says he helped too. The room looked great and I was very greatful. We love having visitors despite our small living space.
One night we went to Scheel's. It's a new sporting goods store I've been hearing about. Who knew a sporting goods store could provide so much entertainment? They had a ferris wheel that only cost $1 to ride, a playland for the kids, scenic photo set ups and a cafeteria that offered us cheap ice cream and baked goods.
Remember my newly found fear of heights? The top picture is Lance and I close to the ground where I found it easy to smile. In the picture below you'll find me with a nervous smile and my hands gripping the bar for dear life. Notice the sign "DANGER! DO NOT ROCK SEAT", well I took it very seriously. Poor Lance was a little scared at first and I was not very much comfort too him. I just told him to close his eyes and don't rock the seat. He probably enjoyed the ride more than I did. I must really love these kids!





Their last night with us we all went to dinner at HoHo Gourmet Restaurant. This was my first time and I'm a fan. I've been searching for a good chinese restaurant in Utah and I'm happy to say after 5+ years the search is over! This really is "Gourmet" Chinese food. Olaea and his family came along and they are regulars there so they showed us the ropes. They used there VIP access to a private dining room upstairs all to ourselves. The food was tastey and the company was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment