Thursday, February 21, 2013

Potential Baby Snatchers

They may look sweet and innocent but they're out to steal Iosua! My parents were here for a month when Iosua was born and came out again in January and stayed another month with us. They have such a strong bond with Iousa that they wanted to take him back to Missouri with them. I debated the whole time while they were here because they kept asking and hinting but in the end I just couldn't stand to have him gone. I'm sure he wouldn't have missed me nearly as much as I would have missed him. I really do appreciate them coming out to help us and watch the kids. I watch my mom take such good care of him and it makes me think she had to of done the same for all of us 6 kids when we were wee little ones.

We have created a lot of memories with their visits over the past few years. Not only do our kids get spoiled when they're in town but even me and Josh. We came home to happy kids, a clean house and dinner most nights. If there was no dinner we would make a fast food run or find some place selling Samoan food. If it's the weekend we usually go out to eat with Olaea and Taima or my parents go out with their Utah friends or jump on the fun bus to Wendover. Late weekend nights you could usually find us playing canasta (the caliente version) w/cousin Malaela or Olaea and Taima. We have a house phone and when my mom is in town that's when it rings the most. I don't bother answering the phone half the time because most of the calls are for her. She has some nephews out here so they like to spend time with her and spoil her too. And of course there's my crazy dad who can't seem to ever bring enough pills or all of his needed medication to last him his visits here. We can't figure out if he does this on accident or on purpose. This usually results in overnight packages being sent from Missouri or multiple trips to the pharmacy. We have been so lucky to have my parents visit so often while they have flying benefits. I really do cherish these times and look forward to every visit. I'm glad that even though we live in another state they are still able to be a big part of my kids lives.


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. I have always loved your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun when they're in town! I hear you have some exciting news. We need to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to steal him sometimes too :)

    ReplyDelete